Treatment depends on the specific cause of the pain. Do not give any medications for pain until you have discussed this with your doctor. Painkillers may serve only to mask the real problem, and make diagnosis more difficult.
When to see your doctor
• if your child complains of severe pain in the abdomen;
• if your child is unwell or has a fever in addition to the pain;
• if your child has diarrhoea or vomiting;
• if any blood is present in the stools;
• if you suspect that your child has swallowed something poisonous.
Tags: General health